Summer Student Job Opportunity with the North End Business Association
Released May 30, 2017
The North End Business Association (NEBA) is seeking a student who is enthusiastic, independent, and a lover of all things North End, — to become part of our team for the summer of 2017.
NEBA represents over 400 businesses and actively promotes, supports, and advocates for a resilient business community that contributes to a diverse, inclusive, vibrant North End. This position requires someone who is willing in be involved and engaged in all aspects of NEBA’s activities. It will be an excellent opportunity to work in a professional environment while engaging with the community in a number of different ways. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director, as well as work under the supervision of the Event Coordinator.
This position is being partially funded through Canada Summer Jobs. As per the funding agreement, an eligible applicant for this position:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign students are not eligible.
The successful candidate will assist NEBA with:
- Festival and event coordination including site planning, logistics, volunteer coordination, set-up and breakdown;
- Marketing and promotion through social media and the distribution of promotional materials;
- General maintenance work as required;
- General office administration duties including organizing meetings, taking minutes, communications, copying, running errands, etc.
- Working shifts at the waterfront NS Tourism kiosk
Applicants must have:
- General computer skills including how to use Microsoft Word and Excel;
- A passion for working with social media platforms;
- Ability to assist with general labour activities;
- Ability to work independently and with the team;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work flexible hours on event dates;
- Demonstrated initiative, follow through, and ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Have a real passion for working with North End Halifax community!
Start date: June 26th
Finish date: September 1st
Pay: $14.00 hour / 30 hours a week
To apply for this position, please provide a resume that states your employment goals, your work experience, and 3 references; along with a letter about why you want to work in the North End, what assets you bring to the job, and what job skills you want to develop through this experience. All applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2017. NEBA sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!